4.05.2009

two months salary


Who can tell me what the average American woman expects the average American man to spend on her engagement ring? Two months salary. WOW. I guess I did not know that. An artist named Lee Gainer went out and computed the two month salary for a number of professions and then took pictures, which look like ads, of the diamond rings a man of said profession could afford.

I love art.

What a great idea. (Click here to see more pictures!)

What strikes me about the art is how similar all of the rings look. I can't really tell the difference between the "Cashier" rings versus the "Structural Engineer" rings. The only rings I can tell are noticeably bigger are the "A List Actor" rings. Honestly I like the simple rings more than the ornate ones...but who am I?

3 comments:

Bobby & Nicole said...

I too like the art and perspective. I am a bit perplexed by your inquiry, however, considering the size of your mother's diamond on your hand....but who am I?

harkinna said...

I just did not know that two months salary was the base expectation...I think Linda was thinking larger numbers....

Montana Harkin said...

Mathematician's must be making more than me!