7.15.2009

art: 20x200, art for the Masses


I am in love with this website, www.20x200.com. The idea for the website is to sell great art that everyone can buy. They sell limited editions of works: 200 pieces which are 8.5 x 11(the size of a piece of paper) signed by the artist for $20, 20 pieces which are 17 x 22 for $200, and then 2 pieces that are large, so 30 x 40, for $2000.We have bought maybe 6 pieces from them.

You can go to the site and sign up to get their weekly email. Some weeks I am not interested in the pictures at all, sometimes I love the stuff. The catch is that the pictures that are really great go really fast.

I love the picture above, Untitled (Let's make better mistakes tomorrow), by Mike Monteiro. It hangs in our hallway.

Let me know if you pick up any work from the site.

No comments: