3.12.2010

cook book review: Glorious One-Pot Meals


by Elizabeth Yarnell

I ran across this book at our used bookstore. The cover had a dutch oven almost exactly like ours...so I decided to give it a go. Boy am I glad I did. Brent and I really trying to make cooking a new hobby, to save money and to eat in a more healthy manner. These meals are just perfect for the beginner.

The recipes follow the same formula: oil the pot, put your starch and liquid at the bottom, top with meat and veggies with some kind of sauce, bake at 450 for 45 minutes. Enjoy.

Elizabeth has all kinds of variations and I think the recipes are all easily scalable for bigger pots. We have only had one fail, and that was operator error.

Her website has some links to places to find cheap dutch ovens. Click here to go to the author's website.

No comments: