5.04.2009

Interesting Idea: Toxic People

From: SOME PEOPLE ARE TOXIC, AVOID THEM
"There is a test to determine whether someone is toxic or nourishing in your relationship with them. Here is the test: You have spent some time with this person, either you have a drink or go for dinner or you go to a ball game. It doesn’t matter very much but at the end of that time you observe whether you are more energised or less energised. Whether you are tired or whether you are exhilarated. If you are more tired then you have been poisoned. If you have more energy you have been nourished."

Milton Glaser (by way of Boingboing, by way of the blog Orange Crate Blog (click to go there).)

Thoughts? I agree with this...but then I know some introverts who believe that any contact with other people drains them...and it is only extroverts who are energized by others.

2 comments:

Brent said...

By this definition most people are like nuclear waste to me.

Erin said...

I agree with Brent.

And what's so bad about feeling less energized? Lots of things make me feel less energized, like going for a run, or reading a book, or talking to my A.D.H.D. brother on the phone... Does this mean that I don't have to do those things anymore either?