5.30.2009

another review: weight watchers magazine

For my flight back from LA I treated myself to six magazines or so. I did not get to read all of them. I am still working through Harpers, which, frankly, I don't get. I just finished my Weight Watchers Magazine. I have already admitted to loving the true stories in these magazines.

The titles on the May/June issue are:
Get A Summer Body
Be CEO of Losing
Join a Walking Club
Make-it, Match-it Meals
Real Women Tested Swimsuits
And 47 Wallet-Friendly Recipes

My response:
It is May/June. If I don't have the summer body now, I am not getting one this year.

Not sure what to say about the CEO of losing.

The walking club sounds great, but you have to designate a leader the article says...and that person gets to decide where to walk. I want to be the leader, but then well, I really don't want to get involved. HA.

The meals and recipes looked ok, but the recipes include things I don't eat. For instance: margarine. We eat butter in this house. I would go so far as to say we have a no fake food rule. Either it has sugar or not. No artificial sweetener here. I have a story about fat free half and half I will someday report. Needless to say if it says fat free and a prime ingredient in the item is fat, you should run the other direction.

The magazine has a TON of ads for food and for weight watchers. One ad has hundreds of chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I am still thinking about them now. I want one. Anyway, I don't think that is a good idea for a weight loss magazine.

Finally, the stories about people losing weight were ok. It included three people. One woman went from being overweight to a marathon runner. I want to run a marathon...I think.

No comments: