4.03.2011

stuff

I am going to look at a house this afternoon...because we think we need more room.

Room for what?

I woke up this morning all ready to organize my life: bedroom was up first. I needed to put some winter clothes away, fold all of the laundry, and work on rearranging for the baby.

I am exhausted! I need to keep going. The clothes are not folded yet. And I have brunch in an hour...

And the living room is a mess. And the kitchen needs its reorg completed and I need to go through my desk stuff so I can downsize and we can be ready for Brent's mom to visit in a week.

Stuff. I hate spending time managing my stuff. And if we have a house we will just have more stuff to spend time on.

Our friend Steve mentioned a guy who gave away 40 things he valued for everyday of Lent a few years ago. Apparently it was life changing. I can believe that.

:)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Your persistent problems with your stuff remind me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle. There is a corollary we use in software that 80% of our effort will go into fixing the last 20% of our bugs. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

I feel like you spend most of your effort trying to eliminate things within that last 20% of what humans decide they need. Maybe there is a happy medium.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things about your blog is your articulation of how difficult it is to resist "more" when often less is more satisfying, easier to maintain and gives greater freedom. Don't let the haze of pregnancy hormones take you away from your own true north. Babies are actually very small and do not need much stuff. If you really need to get more space you'll know it later. You've got at least another year to figure it out.