9.16.2010

dealing with all of my paper

One story Linda used to tell a story about Grammy throwing away all of her important papers when she was really little. Linda had a little office set up in the closet and Gram just cleaned house. I wonder how old Linda was when that happened?

I hoard papers. I like to tear out articles with information I want to keep. I like to be able to refer back to this information.

In the past few years I have really reduced how much of this I keep, but now I am getting rid of all of it!

Mark Frauenfelder, of Boingboing fame, posted here about getting a Fujitsu ScanSnap s1500 and how it revolutionized his life. It is a small scanner that folds up to take only a small place on your desk. He has scanned in all of his documents and uploaded them to Evernote, so they are backed up and easily accessible.

I am all in at this point. I am scanning and uploading and shredding.

The funny part is that I just ran across another woman reducing her papers. This little blog, smallnotebook.org, has a photo of the work the woman did. But she seemed to throw out a lot. She also talks about going paperless a few days later.

Anyway, we are getting going on downsizing. I am excited and motivated.

No comments: