8.11.2010

sad vituary

My friend Beth will most likely leave this world soon. I say this even though I am of the "you are either alive or dead, but never dying" camp. I wrote this for her book of memories she received last week.

I believe that only passionate people can have big dreams. Years ago when Beth and I started at POGO, we butted heads, but now I realize it was only because we both cared a lot about the work POGO was doing and continues to do. When I think of Beth I see her with the painting of Lady Liberty she always had in her office. The picture is just of the statue’s head but I really think that symbolizes Beth’s work: the liberty to expect that all government to be good government. I know now it is an honor to work with people dedicated to a cause.

Thank you for your dedication and friendship throughout the years Beth.

No comments: