4.06.2010

book blurb: 29 Gifts, How a Month of Giving can Change your Life.


by Cami Walker

Sometimes life just keep throwing you curve balls, and really you have to figure out how to get out of the way. In 29 Gifts, Cami Walker dodges and weaves, as we learn about her mounting debts, her Muscular Dystrophy diagnosis, her former and sometimes ongoing addiction to drugs, in her book chronicling how she got back into the game of life by giving. We spend only 29 days with Cami, but learn about her family and loving husband. We learn about the frustrations of illness. And finally we learn that through giving we can receive love, friendship, and health. We all know that paying it forward makes the world go forward into better places. Read about how Cami puts this philosophy into practice with great results.

To my readers:
Cami has this great paragraph on pg. 18 about the stories you tell yourself in you head. She is talking to a friend who is really down:

“I think you need to stop telling this story. A wise mentor once told me to be mindful of the stories I tell over and over because they are indicative of the thought patterns and beliefs that limit me.”

This book was really great fun, and I think a wonderful gift. I am going to send it along this week. :)

No comments: