9.11.2007

Directions

My friend Jessica sent me the greatest horoscope...she does this from time to time:

Others are amazed by your innate ability to plan for the future. You have the skill to make your dreams become real while theirs remain too unrealistic to come true. Your greatest strength is how your ambition is fed by your sense of organization and planning.
Today you feel a bit limited in your options. Nevertheless, you can still break through old patterns and set the stage for your future.
September 10, 2007

And one of my favorite authors, Madeleine L'Engle passed away this week. I learned about her from my good friend and pen pal Annie S. back when we had first moved to Montana. This quote at the end of her New York Times obituary really struck a cord with me:

“Why does anybody tell a story?” she once asked, even though she knew the answer.
“It does indeed have something to do with faith,” she said, “faith that the universe has meaning, that our little human lives are not irrelevant, that what we choose or say or do matters, matters cosmically.”

~ Madeleine L’Engle

No comments: